1. TESTING SYSTEM
The Romanian CAA (RCAA) uses an in-house English language proficiency testing system for aeroplane and helicopter pilots. This testing system complies with the requirements laid out in (EU) Regulation 1178/2011and PAC-FCL edition 1/2021.
TO VIEW A SAMPLE TEST: sample test
2. TEST SITTINGS
English language proficiency test sittings are scheduled annually and they can be downloaded at the following link: TEST SITTINGS.
Changes to the annual test sittings will be posted on RCAA official website in due time.
The language proficiency level is revalidated within 90 days before the expiry date. In this case, the new validity period is calculated from the date of expiry. In case of level renewal, the new validity starts from the date of the examination.
3. APPLYING FOR A TEST
In order to apply for a test, applicants shall send the application form at the following email address: email@example.com.The deadline for submitting the application form is 5 working days prior to the beginning of the test sitting. The application form can be downloaded here: APPLICATION FORM. The application form must be accompanied by a copy of the identity card.
Candidates will be scheduled for the test only after the payment of the examination fee has been completed.
Each applicant will receive an email, 2 days prior to the beginning of the test sitting, with details regarding the date and time of the test.
Applicants must confirm their attendance.
4. TEST RESULT
The final test result will be sent by email to each candidate within 10 calendar days from the date of the test.
5. TEST FEE
The exam fee is 113 euros plus VAT according to the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure Order (OMTI) no. 1305/2012. The exam fee must be paid prior to the exam via bank transfer.
If a candidate requests to be tested at a date that does not correspond to the test sittings scheduled annually by RCAA, the exam fee is double in accordance with OMTI no. 1305/2012. Urgency test sittings are organized based on applications from candidates and depending on the availability of RCAA examiners and examination rooms.
For additional information, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
6. APPEAL PROCEDURE
A candidate may appeal the exam result. In order to do this, the candidate shall send a written appeal at email@example.com, not later than 3 working days from the date of the notification of the test result.
The test will be re-assessed by a different examiner than the ones initially involved in the assessment. The examiner will issue the final test result.
The result of the appeal will be notified to the applicant by RCAA, not later than 15 days from the date when the appeal was filed.
The decision of the appeal committee is final.
7. MUTUAL RECOGNITION OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY CERTIFICATES OBTAINED IN OTHER EU MEMBER STATES (according to the provisions of PAC-FCL ed.1/2021, Part 1, chapter 7, point 7.4)
- The initial assessment of the English language proficiency for pilots is done exclusively within the Romanian CAA.
- If a candidate has taken the English language proficiency exam within RCAA, they cannot take the same exam in another language testing centre certified by RCAA or in another EU member state (for example, in order to obtain a higher level or due to various personal reasons, etc.).
- For holders of EASA pilot licences, for level revalidation and renewal only, the Romanian CAA endorses certificates obtained in other EU member states , provided that the difference between the level held and the level obtained is not higher than two levels.
- Level 6 certificates are endorsed only following a supplementary assessment within the Romanian CAA.
- In order to endorse an English language proficiency certificate obtained in an EU member state, the applicant shall send at firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
(a) a copy of the English language proficiency certificate issued;
(b) a copy of the CAA approval certificate of the language assessment body where the assessment was performed.
- Following the submission of the documents above, the Romanian CAA shall verify the authenticity and relevance of the documents by asking official confirmation from the language assessment body and the national competent authority of the EU member state where the assessment was conducted.
The applicable fee for language proficiency certificate endorsement is 20 euros plus VAT, according to OMTI 1305/2012, as amended and supplemented.