In accordance with the provisions of OMTIC no. 2137/14.12.2020 for the approval of some measures in application of the provisions of art. 14 para. (8) and (9) of Law no. 21/2020 on the Air Code. Thus, according to art. 1 para. (1) of this order, civil aircraft for which, in accordance with the European or national regulations in force, there is no obligation to equip with emergency locating devices must be equipped, when operating in the national airspace, with the following devices emergency locators to be activated in case of emergency:
- an emergency locatior transmitter (ELT) of any type; or
- a personal locatior beacon (PLB) carried by a crew member.
The applicable technical requirements are set out in:
- RACR-CNS, Vol. III, ed. 2/2014 approved by OMT no. 1447/2014 on "Operation of communications, navigation, surveillance" systems amended and supplemented;
- PIAC-AW-CNV Procedures and instructions for civil aeronautics for the Certification of airworthiness of aircraft;
- CN-AW-I/001 on "Coding and recording of 406 MHz transmitters used in ELT (Emergency Locator Transmitter) or PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) aviation"; and
- Guide on how to test ELT 406 MHz emergency transmitters (country code 264, Romania).
Also please take into consideration:
- Emergency Locator Transmitters and Personal Locator Beacon - Annual Testing (EASA SIB 2019-09R1);
- Automatic Deployable Emergency Locator Transmitters / Crash Position Indicators (EASA SIB 2020-20);
- Sunny Swift: False distress alerts | EASA (europa.eu)
- Approved Beacon Models (TACs) - International COSPAS-SARSAT