- LIST OF AUTHORIZED CENTERS AND AUTHORIZED EXAMINATORS (AeMC & AME)
- AERONAUTICAL mEDICINE PROCEDURES AND INSTRUCTIONS (PIAC-MED)
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE "EUROPEAN AEROMEDICAL DATA REPOSITORY" PORTAL
INFORMATION FOR THE TRANSFER ON REQUEST OF A MEDICAL LICENSE BETWEEN EASA MEMBER STATES (SOLI)
- The transfer request is completed handwritten by the holder using the SOLI Form (Annex F - PIAC-MED).
- The SOLI form, signed in its own name by the holder, is submitted in original to the registry of the competent authority.
- The identity of the eligible applicant is confirmed by attaching a copy of the identity document to the application.
INFORMATION FOR THE MEDICAL EXPERTISE OF CIVIL AERONAUTICAL STAFF
Functions for which Aeromedical Certification is required:
- Aircraft pilots (CPL, ATPL, PPL, LAPL), helicopter, balloon, glider
- Cabin crew
- PART 66 and LPTA Technical Staff
- Air Traffic Controllers
The functions for which the Transport Safety Notice is required according to MT Order no. 1256/2013:
- Aeronautical Meteorologists and Technical Personnel for the Protection of Air Navigation (PNA-TC)
- Technical Staff for Air Navigation Services
- Dispatchers for Flight Operations
- Grounding Staff
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORIZED AEROMEDICAL EXAMINERS
Minimum requirements for obtaining and maintaining authorization from AME & AeMC:
Conditions for initial authorization for Class 2:
- To be a doctor member of the College of Physicians holding a certificate of authorization for free professional practice with a visa within the validity period
- To be a certified doctor in one of the specialties according to Directive 2005/26 / EC on the recognition of qualifications at European level
- To be a graduate doctor of the faculty of general medicine
- To be a graduate of the basic course in aeronautical medicine organized according to the applicable PIAC-MED: for AME examiner in Class 2, LAPL and cabin crew
- To have the necessary facilities to carry out the investigations required by EU Regulation 1178/2011 for the medical certification of civil aeronautical personnel
Conditions for extending AME privileges to Class 1:
- To be a graduate of the advanced course in aeronautical medicine according to PIAC-MED applicable for AME examiner in Class 1
- To have the practical experience of AME under the direct supervision of the AeMC or of the specialized inspectors within AACR - to attend as an observer at 50 class 1 examinations
Conditions for extending AME privileges to Class 3:
- To be a graduate of the advanced course in aeronautical medicine as well as practical experience about the conditions in which air traffic controllers operate according to PIAC-LCTA
Maintaining the AME authorization:
- Preservation of the initial authorization conditions
- Carrying out recurrent training according to the applicable PIAC-MED
- Achieving the minimum necessary number of aero-medical examinations.
- They may perform medical examinations and issue / revalidate / renew medical certificates and medical reports for aeronautical personnel classes in accordance with the authorization issued by AACR.
- The AME may redirect or refuse the issuance of a medical certificate if the medical requirements are not met
- AME informs AACR about any change in the authorization conditions
- AME is constantly informed about the legislative changes in the medical and civil aviation fields
- AME performs the medical examination and / or evaluation in accordance with the requirements and procedures in force
- AME redirects to the Department of Aeronautical Medicine of AACR the cases class 1 and 3 at the limit / that do not meet the aptitude conditions according to the EU Regulation 1178/2011
- AME consults with the Aeronautical Medicine Department (CMA) of AACR regarding class 2 cases and cabin crew that do not meet the aptitude conditions according to EU Regulation 1178/2011
- All examination documents and investigations will be made available to the CMA for audits and inspections.
- All aero-medical files will be sent to the CMA following the examinations within one week from the date of the aptitude decision.
- All aero-medical files will be sent to the Aeromedical Section of the competent authority where the applicant's professional license is located.
- AME respects the decisions of the CMA in their entirety
- AME revalidates / renews a medical certificate only if the previous medical certificate is presented or after obtaining the CMA confirmation
- AME permanently respects medical confidentiality. AME has restriction facilities that securely limit access to patients' medical records
- AME allows the access of CMA inspectors in the medical office for the inspection of facilities with or without notice.
- AME informs AACR if it is being investigated by the control bodies for medical malpractice or if its right to free practice has been suspended.
- AME notifies AACR of any change in contact details.